Device Support & Management Service
In accordance with the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice for incident management, incidents that cannot be resolved immediately by the Service Desk are referred to the Device Support and Management Service.
Services provided by the Device Support and Management Service include PC and Hardware installation, fault finding and resolution and hardware repairs including:
- ICT Procurement for IT equipment
- Registration Authority (RA) and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) Support (for devices, Smart Cards). The RA team will comply with regulations 303 and 304 of the Information Governance Toolkit to a minimum of level 2.
- Personal Computer (PC) & Hardware Installation
- Operating Systems support
- PC Builds and reimages / maintenance
- Printer support
- PC Patch Management
- Anti-Virus Support to ensure compliance with the requirement 311 of the Information
- Governance Toolkit to a minimum of level 2
- Software Deployment
- Desktop Software Licence Management
- PC and Desktop Device Asset Management
- Product Evaluations
- Support of Microsoft, bespoke and NHS Applications on the Windows Operating System.Other operating systems supported by agreement and subject to negotiated Service Level Agreement
Our Device Support and Management Service representatives are located at key partner organisation sites. This helps to ensure that, when required, site visits can be carried out promptly.
Increasingly, Informatics Merseyside is also providing device support services remotely, with engineers accessing customer PCs across the network to resolve incidents.
For further information about our Device Support and Management Service, please get in touch.