The majority of our websites and intranets are developed using a content management system (CMS) called Umbraco.
Umbraco is incredibly easy to use and enables you to manage the content of your site quickly and efficiently.
As a CMS, Umbraco is used by over 400,000 websites, from start-ups and charities to global brands and Fortune 500 companies like Tesco, Ford, Peugeot, Sony and Microsoft.
Umbraco offers an impressive range of benefits, both for those visiting your site, and for you and your team in maintaining it:
- Flexible workflow – enabling others to add, edit or publish content using a defined workflow process.
- Seamless social media integration – helping you to engage with your stakeholders and attract more followers.
- Version control – providing a complete history of all changes providing the functionality to roll back to previous versions with a simple click.
- Audit trail – saving a record of all the changes made and who made them, including dates and times.
- Content assistant – enabling content to be managed conveniently and automatically by setting ‘publish’ and ‘unpublish’ dates.
- In-built SEO – helping to ensure your site ranks highly in search results.
- Page preview – enabling pages to be previewed and tested before being published to avoid any formatting errors!
- Simple Word-style editor – making the creation of pages within your site quick and easy using a familiar environment.
- Regular security updates – ensuring that your site remains secure from the latest threats.
For more information about the CMS, please visit the Umbraco website or get in touch to chat with one of our developers.
As part of a wider service we offer, training sessions in the use of Umbraco are provided by our experienced IT training team. Courses can be tailored to your bespoke needs, so please read about our CMS training service or get in touch to discuss your specific requirements.