Our values convey those qualities staff felt best described Informatics Merseyside.
They underpin everything we do now and will do in the future, and set out what is expected from each and every member of our team in the way we treat all those we come into contact with - whether that be our partners, customers, suppliers, patients, visitors or colleagues.
Each value has a set of expected behaviours linked to it which highlight what we expect of each other.
To be an open, engaging and listening organisation.
- Being welcoming and introducing yourself properly to those you come into contact with.
- Reporting exceptions and not being afraid to ask for help.
- Listening to others and offering constructive feedback.
- Updating others on what you are working on.
- Being active in meetings.
To ensure every individual makes a positive contribution demonstrating leadership and accountability.
- Taking personal responsibility of your work.
- Contributing fully to achieving service aims and objectives.
- Seeking professional development and undertaking research.
- Reviewing, updating and owning your PDR and PDP.
To act with dignity and respect at all times, ensuring all opinions are valued.
- Recognising the diversity of people and never making assumptions.
- Being approachable at all times.
- Expressing yourself in a constructive manner and avoiding negativity.
- Being open-minded and appreciating the views of others.
- Saying "thank you" and celebrating success and achievement.
To be committed to providing an innovative, high quality, customer-focused service.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry issues and developments.
- Being committed to continual service improvement.
- Encouraging a positive team identity and presenting a united front.
- Being open to change and proactively seeking new opportunities.
Embedding our values
These values are displayed on posters and communication channels throughout our work base sites. They are actively promoted among colleagues and embedded in the organisation through leadership, Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) and training programmes, recognition systems, recruitment policies and procedures. They demonstrate what we expect of ourselves, and importantly, what anyone who comes into contact with Informatics Merseyside can expect of us.
This staff charter sets out clear expectations of ‘what we expect to see from our colleagues’ and what ‘our colleagues can expect from Informatics Merseyside’ as an employer, describing how together we will ‘make exceptional service the standard’.
Based around our four core values - communication, ownership, respect and quality – our Staff Charter describes the culture of our organisation and how we will behave with each other and with our partners and customers.
Read a copy of Informatics Merseyside's Staff Charter.
Personal Development Review (PDR)
Following feedback from staff through the annual NHS staff survey, we have changed the way that we undertake our Personal Development Review (PDR) process, and we now have a strong emphasis on talking about how we live our values and the behaviours that we all expect from each other.
To support this process, we have developed a PDR system within SharePoint which enables colleagues and their line managers to reflect and self assess against our values and agree meaningful objectives. These objectives are agreed with two overarching themes in mind - the personal development and aspirations of the team member and the things that they will do to contribute towards our corporate objectives and strategic initiatives.
You can read more about our PDR system as part of our SharePoint development service.
Celebrating success is important to us and across Informatics Merseyside we have a number of communication channels in place to help ensure we recognise the contributions of others effectively and clearly link this back to our values.
One tool for doing this is our staff recognition system which is an online messaging tool for sending electronic thank you messages to colleagues or teams based on the organisational value they have demonstrated. A personal thank you message is sent to the person or team being thanked, with the details of the value recognised displayed on the Staff Portal for others to see and recorded within the Personal Development Review (PDR).
You can read more about our staff recognition system as part of our SharePoint development service.