NHS Informatics Merseyside has four CORE values - Communication, Ownership, Respect and Excellence.
These values underpin everything we do and and have evolved following engagement with our colleagues, outlining those behaviours, that when consistently carried out, will help support the achievement of our vision and objectives.
To be an open, engaging and listening organisation.
- Being welcoming and introducing yourself properly to those you come into contact with.
- Reporting exceptions and not being afraid to ask for help.
- Listening to others and offering constructive feedback.
- Updating others on what you are working on.
- Being active in meetings.
To ensure every individual makes a positive contribution demonstrating leadership and accountability.
- Taking personal responsibility of your work.
- Contributing fully to achieving service aims and objectives.
- Seeking professional development and undertaking research.
- Reviewing, updating and owning your PDR and PDP.
To act with dignity and respect at all times, ensuring all opinions are valued.
- Recognising the diversity of people and never making assumptions.
- Being approachable at all times.
- Expressing yourself in a constructive manner and avoiding negativity.
- Being open-minded and appreciating the views of others.
- Saying "thank you" and celebrating success and achievement.
To be committed to providing an innovative, high quality, customer-focused service.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry issues and developments.
- Being committed to continual service improvement.
- Encouraging a positive team identity and presenting a united front.
- Being open to change and proactively seeking new opportunities.
Embedding our values
Our values are actively promoted among colleagues and embedded in the organisation through leadership, Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) and training programmes, recognition systems, recruitment policies and procedures. They demonstrate what we expect of ourselves, and importantly, what anyone who comes into contact with NHS Informatics Merseyside can expect of us. Ultimately they describe how together we will make our goal of exceptional service the standard.
NHS Informatics Merseyside's staff charter sets out clear expectations of ‘what we expect to see from our colleagues’ and what ‘our colleagues can expect from NHS Informatics Merseyside’, describing how together we will ‘make exceptional service the standard’.
Based on our four core values - communication, ownership, respect and excellence – our Staff Charter describes the culture of our organisation and how we will behave with each other and with those we support.
Personal Development Review (PDR)
Following feedback from colleagues through the annual NHS Staff Survey, we have changed the way that we undertake our Personal Development Review (PDR) process, which now includes conversations about our values and the behaviours that we all expect from each other.
To support this process, we have developed a PDR system within Microsoft SharePoint 365 which enables colleagues and their line managers to reflect and self assess against our values and agree meaningful objectives. These objectives are agreed with two overarching themes in mind - the personal development and aspirations of the team member and how they will support our strategic aims as a digital service.
You can read more about our PDR system as part of our Microsoft Solutions Development Service.
Celebrating success is important to us within NHS Informatics Merseyside and we have a number of communication channels in place to help ensure we recognise the contributions of others effectively and that these are clearly linked back to our values.
One tool for doing this is our Staff Recognition System which has been developed in Microsoft Sharepoint 365. This is an online messaging tool for sending electronic "thank you" messages to colleagues or teams based on the value they have demonstrated. A personal thank you message is sent to the person or team being thanked, with the details of the value displayed on the Staff Portal for others to see and included within their Personal Development Review (PDR).
You can read more about our Staff Recognition System as part of our Microsoft Solutions Development Service.