Our vision, mission and strategic aims
NHS Informatics Merseyside’s purpose is to transform care through digital technology, innovation and collaboration.
Our vision is to support people to stay healthy and live longer through innovative technology and exceptional digital support that enables health and care professionals to deliver safe, timely and effective joined-up care.
Our mission is to work in partnership to ensure that every aspect of a person’s health and care journey is supported digitally. We will:
- Support our health and care professionals to deliver joined-up care by enabling shared access to high quality, secure, real-time information.
- Enable the transformation of care and care pathways through the delivery of digital services and collaborative programmes.
- Reduce health inequalities by enabling people to access digital health information and tools to help them to better manage their
health and care.
- To transform health and care services through digital technology.
- To enable joined-up care through a partnership approach and shared access to high quality, secure, real-time information.
- To reduce health inequalities by enabling people to access digital health information and tools to help them tobetter manage their health and care.
- To deliver exceptional service and value through continuous improvement, workforce development and a culture of learning and innovation.
- To maintain a collaborative approach by involving those we support in the design and development of digital services.
Each year we develop plans to support these strategic aims. These plans are developed in consultation with our digital colleagues and Cheshire and Merseyside key stakeholders including our Partnership Board and Operational Committee. You can read more about our performance and future areas of focus by reading our latest Business Plan.