NHS Informatics Merseyside delivers comprehensive network design and architecture service.
This service enables health and care professionals to communicate across multiple locations and to ensure the security and availability of data and digital services.
- Management of the existing network and supporting documentation (network diagramming, communication flows).
- Network architecture consultancy e.g. consulting on various infrastructure related projects, driving deployment of new LAN/WAN solutions.
- Evaluation and analysis of existing network environment against standard architectures and best practices to uncover opportunities for improved stability, reliability and performance.
- Production of supporting documentation outlining network design features, implementation plans and a roadmap for future network expansion.
- Secure connectivity to the Health and Social Care Network (HSCN).
- Wide Area Networks (WAN) /Community of Interest Network (CoIN) connectivity to enable secure information sharing between local care providers.
- Local Area Network (LAN) management for on-site connectivity.
- Safe Internet access via NHS secure boundary service using next generation firewall (NGFW) and web application firewall (WAF) protection to protect internet traffic from digital and cloud-based threats.
- Govroam, corporate and public Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Cisco certified digital architects.
- Experienced team of network engineers who have an in-depth knowledge of managing a complex NHS network infrastructure.