System Management and Support
NHS Informatics Merseyside delivers Support for the on-going management of a wide range of core clinical and business systems.
Systems management and support is provided, but not limited to, the following clinical and business systems:
- Attend Anywhere
- EMIS Web
- Simply Book
The primary aim of the System Support Service is to ensure core clinical and business systems remain safe, fit for purpose and operational. This involves the provision of daily support which can include the set up and management of user accounts, data cleansing, system configuration, the management of upgrades and associated reference files, problem resolution and supplier escalation management for any issues that cannot be resolved in-house or requests for change/enhancement.
The service also has an operational-level oversight of many other departmental systems and their suppliers in order, also to ensure they remain safe, effective and value for money. This service can be scaled accordingly to best support the system management requirements of those we support.
Through this work, NHS Informatics Merseyside has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the use and management of these systems and has cemented strong relationships with system suppliers.
For example, the service is an EMIS accredited partner, which means that the service has significant knowledge and experience surrounding system and issue management, and direct liaison with the supplier’s senior technical expertise.
- User account management and creation.
- System configuration.
- Upgrade and reference file management.
- System monitoring and performance management.
- Problem resolution and escalation including the communication of system availability status updates.
- Supplier liaison surrounding service improvement.
- Business continuity and offline solutions.
- Proactive data cleansing.
- A service management approach that follows the ITIL framework to integrate IT service provision with the needs of those we support.
- Certified in PRINCE2 and agile methodologies.