Clinical Systems Development and Continual Service Improvement
NHS Informatics Merseyside leads the development and ongoing optimisation of core clinical and business systems.
The service aims to ensure systems remain safe, fit for purpose and keep up with clinical demand through continuous improvement and supports the NHS drive for system consolidation to help streamline processes, improve quality and enhance efficiency.
As part of our approach, we have registered health and care professionals working within the service, who have a thorough understanding of clinical pathways, processes, and operating models. These clinical experts work closely with those we support to ensure our digital systems continue to enable safe, timely and effective care, as well as identify opportunities for further system enhancements to ensure persistent develop and maximum benefit.
Our service specialises in change management, designing bespoke pathways and process maps to identify ways in which systems or features are best applied to deliver service transformation. The service also works closely with suppliers to ensure future requirements are clearly articulated in order for their core systems to continue to deliver what clinical services really need.
- Clinical and business change expertise.
- System management including consultation for new system implementations.
- Supplier liaison and relationship management.
- Robust change and release management.
- Digital system development.
- Digital system consolidation.
- Process mapping and redesign.
- Compliance with Information Standards Notices (ISN).
- Documenting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Development of Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) and patient self-service questionnaires.
- Significant clinical experience and knowledge of care standards.
- A service management approach that follows the ITIL framework to integrate IT service provision with the needs of those we support.
- Certified in PRINCE2 and agile methodologies.