Primary Care Digital Optimisation
NHS Informatics Merseyside delivers a Primary Care Digital Optimisation Service, which involves working closely with GP practices and Primary Care Networks (PCNs) to ensure technology is being used effectively to support care delivery.
To support this, digital optimisation plans are agreed within the following workstreams:
- Data quality improvement
- Optimised use of IT and clinical systems
- Paperless working
- Digital inclusion
- Digital contract assurance
As well as continually reviewing and advising on information quality and adherence to the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT), our digital optimisation experts work closely with GP practices and PCNs to implement IT projects and provide ongoing business change support to help embrace digital technologies and solutions.
NHS Informatics Merseyside also works closely with PCNs to identify and deliver their digital priorities and assist in the development of their digital strategy in order to help ensure a consistent approach to care delivery and to support wider transformation plans across the local health economy.
- Data Quality Improvement Plans (including information quality audits, adherence to the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
- Digital project facilitation.
- Digital business change support.
- Digital and clinical system support.
- Digital inclusion support.
- Digital assurance monitoring and support.
- Improved care delivery through improved information management and data quality processes.
- Effective use of clinical systems through business change support and optimisation work packages.
- Streamlined processes leading to cost, time and efficiency savings through paperless ways of working.
- Supports practices in the achievement of the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF).
- Multidisciplinary team of digital experts with significant experience of supporting digital optimisation and transformational change programmes.
- A service management approach that follows the ITIL framework to integrate IT service provision with the needs of those we support.
- Qualified programme and project management professionals certified in MSP, PRINCE2 and agile methodologies.